keskiviikko 6. joulukuuta 2017

Happy 100th birthday, Finland!

Today is the 100th Finnish Independence day celebration. As you can guess, there's a lot going on thanks to the anniversary. So, we decided to celebrate this once-in-a(-human)-lifetime occasion with dolly style.

A thing worth noting is that Finns seem to do a lot of stuff with their dolls, instead of mainly just collecting them (I've heard some collectors around the world never even remove the stock outfits from most of their dolls). Customizing is very popular, as well as making clothes, doing photo shoots and writing stories for the dolls etc. I guess this is partly due to it's a pain in the ass to get any new dolls here in the woods ( 😆 ). On the other hand as distances between you and other doll enthusiasts can be long, it's nice to do all kind of stuff with your dolls when you're most of the time "alone" with the hobby. The third reason might be that as most of us are surrounded by nature, it's nice to dress dolls according to season and do outdoor photo shoots. Okay, this was actually an insight coming from my host, but I thought it would be nice to put here a little analysis of Finnish doll-addicts for sake of the day 😁

I arrived in Finland roughly a year ago, and as they don't tell that much about anything to dolls, I don't know a much about this country. The only thing I know everybody thinks there's snowy winters all around the country, but so far there have been only few days of snowing and it's very dark, cold and wet outside. So as a dignified lady, there's no way anybody could make me do outdoor photo shoots right now 😖 But it's alright, as my host's emerging green screen skills are here to safe the day! By this pic, we want to wish you great celebration 💗


I hold lily of the valley in my hands, as it's the national flower of Finland. And I indeed don't have the kind of a great airy white dress you see in the photo... no, it's painted in the picture. My apologizes for breaking the illusion 😛 The shirt is from taeyang Dollte-Potre Alfred outfit. The necklace (actually a bracelet) and the bow pin are borrowed from my host 💗 The main program used at editing is Paint Tool SAI.

Ps. I'm sure you darlings are great sensible people 💗 Anyhow, I remind that the pic/photo is (c) by the writer of this blog, and no use is allowed without permission.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti